Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-01 00:23:17

charles_i

Containing Album Set error when trying to Publish in Lightroom

Before I upgrade to Backlight 3...

I have an old installation of Publisher (it says CE4 Publisher) in Lightroom. There are some old Album Sets and Albums in there that are left over from Backlight 1 that are no longer live. I installed and configured Backlight 2, created a new Album Set, and a new Album in it and tried to Publish it and I got this error:

"The containing Album Set has not yet been created on the server. Edit the parent Album Set to save it to the server before publishing this Album."

There is only level of Album Set, there is no parent. And on the server there are no Album folders. I know from past experience not to muck around creating anything on the server. How can I correct this?

Thanks
Charles

#2 2020-05-01 00:29:30

rod barbee
Website

Re: Containing Album Set error when trying to Publish in Lightroom

First, you shouldn't be using CE4 Publisher for Backlight albums.

Go to your Backlight Modules page. At the top is the link to the Publisher plug-in. Download and install and see if that makes a difference.

when you updated from BL1 to BL2 did you click on the Update Album Files link in the Backlight dashboard?

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2020-05-01 10:08:18

Ben

Let's say your parent album set was called 'Album Set' and you're then trying to create 'Album' within that album set.  What that message is suggesting is for you to edit the album set called 'Album Set' within Lightroom.  The act of opening up the album set settings and clicking save (or edit) may be able to create the album set on the server if it isn't already there.

#4 2020-05-07 06:13:23

charles_i

Just checked again and the "CE4 Publisher" was only in the Publisher Description field, left over from before I guess - it actually is the new TTG Publisher. I did download it and install it a few weeks ago. If I click the Update Albums I get the same error. The Lightroom Publishing Manager lists the TTG Publisher with (not saved) under it even though I've successfully saved the configuration, if that matters.

I have my Backlight installed in a folder called "Photog" - inside that folder there is the "backlight" folders, and a folder called "galleries" and another folder called "photog" which has the "giraffes" generated template in it but no photos. I can see now that the folder named in the publisher is the top level so I could have named a folder galleries and a folder photog when I was trying to get it working.

In Lightroom, I have 4 old Album Sets in the Publisher (from Backlight 1 days) and I have created a new 'Album Set' called 'Zoo' and created 'Album' 'Giraffes' within that.

I'm confused by the term "top level gallery" because the publisher has one field for a "top level galleries directory", but in the Admin page there are options to create multiple Top Level Galleries.  These do not appear to be Album Sets because I don't have an Album Set called Galleries or Photog.

How do I get this to work?  I'm starting again because the old Album Sets are years old and so I don't mind deleting anything or deleting folders on the server but I remember in the past touching folders on the server made everything worse.

Thanks
Charles

#5 2020-05-07 06:29:51

rod barbee
Website

I'm confused by the term "top level gallery" because the publisher has one field for a "top level galleries directory", but in the Admin page there are options to create multiple Top Level Galleries.  These do not appear to be Album Sets because I don't have an Album Set called Galleries or Photog.

The Galleries page is an album set.
You can create more top-level galleries if you wish, all of them are album sets.
For example, if you wanted a publisher instance for your normal galleries and one for clients, each one would publish to a different top-level gallery page.
All top-level gallery directories will be at the same server level as the backlight/ folder.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#6 2020-05-09 02:59:49

charles_i

OK, so if the Publisher only writes to one top level gallery, do you add more Publishers for each one if you were using it the way you described?  So for myself I might have Publisher set to Galleries, but for a client I would have another Publisher set to Client?

#7 2020-05-09 03:09:16

rod barbee
Website

what I’m saying is that you could have another Publisher instance to manage client albums. And you’d want to set that up to publish to a different top level galleries folder.
it would just keep your normal albums separate from client albums. Some people find doing something like this makes things easier to manage.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#8 2020-05-10 03:42:10

charles_i

OK thanks.  I finally got it working but in a most bizarre way.  I thought I'd start again and delete everything in Publisher and then remove TTG Publisher as well and re-install it to make sure I had the very latest version.  When I clicked on Remove in the Lightroom Publishing Manager it seemed to delete TTG Publisher but then it appeared again, almost as if there were 2 Publishers one on top of the other. Once I tried it again after that it Published my Album Set and Album without any errors.

Weird.

One final question. How can I edit the Lorem Ipsum text on the Album page. I don't see Album pages listed in the admin, only Album Sets.

Thanks
Charles

Last edited by charles_i (2020-05-10 04:04:11)

#9 2020-05-10 05:35:26

rod barbee
Website

page content text is found in two places for albums and album sets: in the templates and in the albums or album sets themselves.

The lorem ipsum is coming from the templates.

Pages (as opposed to albums and album sets) also have the lorem ipsum text. If you're inserting and album or a set into a page, you'll get the page text.

If that doesn't do it, the post a link to an album that has text in it that you don't want.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#10 2020-05-11 02:46:32

charles_i

Thanks Rod,

This is my current setup - super simple, I've deleted everything else.

In Lightroom

TG Publisher
Toronto Zoo  - Album Set
     Giraffes - Album

In Backlight Admin Pages it lists:

Toronto Zoo
About
Contact
Home

This is my top level folder - it's using the "Toronto-Zoo" page to display

https://whatwant.ca/photog/

Galleries page has 2 instances of a gallery called "Toronto Zoo" - I've only created one in Lightroom.

https://whatwant.ca/photog/galleries/

Giraffes page - with lorem ipsum - why isn't Giraffes listed in Pages?

https://whatwant.ca/photog/galleries/tz/giraffes/

Thanks for your help.
Charles

#11 2020-05-11 04:08:28

rod barbee
Website

I'm not sure what the issue is. Can you not edit the album and album set templates? That's likely where this text is coming from.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#12 2020-05-13 00:38:47

charles_i

The issue is that there is no template for the Album "giraffes" in backlight admin - so I can't edit it. There is one for "Toronto Zoo" but that's my Album Set not the Album "giraffes". And the "Toronto Zoo" template is not the "Toronto Zoo" page, it's the top level page.

Last edited by charles_i (2020-05-13 00:50:51)

#13 2020-05-13 00:48:09

rod barbee
Website

Giraffes page - with lorem ipsum - why isn't Giraffes listed in Pages?

Because it's not a page, it's an album. And that album is using a template with album-template-id-3

Can you post a screen shot of all your templates listed in Backlight Designer Album Templates?
Either that, or share guest updater login credentials so one of us can take a look.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#14 2020-05-13 00:51:16

charles_i

I'll send screen shots.  Can't get the image tag to work.

OK I posted a long jpg screenshot here (you'll have to zoom in on your browser):

https://whatwantwebworks.ca/backlight.jpg

I hope this explains it.

Thanks
Charles

Last edited by charles_i (2020-05-13 01:30:29)

#15 2020-05-13 00:51:40

rod barbee
Website

you can see what template the Giraffes album is using by going to Backlight > Publisher. Click on the Albums link associated with the top level gallery the album lives in.
Then click on name of the template associated with Giraffes. You can then edit that template.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#16 2020-05-13 01:34:11

charles_i

OK thanks I didn't see that before - but where in that template is the lorem ipsum?  It's not in Page Content.

#17 2020-05-13 02:04:14

charles_i

OK I posted a long jpg screenshot here (you'll have to zoom in on your browser):
(Moderator edit: img tags added by moderator)

backlight.jpg

I hope this explains it.

Thanks
Charles

Last edited by charles_i (2020-05-13 02:04:29)

#18 2020-05-13 05:52:26

rod barbee
Website

To edit the Galleries page, go to Publisher. Click on the name of the top-level gallery (Galleries). Click Edit Properties. Click Page Content.

The Lorem Ipsum in the album is not in pages. And if it's not in the album itself (in Lightroom), that means it's in the album template.
Templates are found in the Designer section: Designer > Templates > List Templates. The album templates are at the bottom of the page. It looks like you're currently using the default templates for pages, albums sets, and albums.

More than this I really can't tell you unless I can see what's going on in the Designer > Album Templates and in the Publisher.
(feel free to post or email guest updater credentials)

If you have duplicate albums, one of them likely has no images. This is a quirk that sometimes happens when publishing from Lightroom. You can delete the extra album from Backlight Publisher. Click on the Albums link for the top level gallery. Find the album that has no images. Click on its name. Delete it.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#19 2020-05-21 00:57:11

charles_i

Thanks Rod. Finally figured out where the lorem ipsum is with your album template explanation.  The page lorem ipsum is in Album Settings which is confusing since it's not in Pages. The confusion is that your Pages are interface pages where as Lightroom's pages are actually Albums and Album Sets.

Thanks for your help.
Charles

Last edited by charles_i (2020-05-21 01:46:14)

#20 2020-05-21 03:12:31

rod barbee
Website

the lorem ipsum will come from pages you create as well as album and album set templates.
if you’re inserting albums or album sets into pages, then the lorem ipsum will be coming from the page since album and album set text is not included when you insert either into a page.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer