Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-17 06:33:41

Kubicixfactor

Underlining the menu

OK, I'm going to apologise unreservedly for my lack of knowledge here smile

On my CE4 site I had a nice line under the menu, which ran just a little wider than the menu itself. My Backlight site has a line but it goes right across the screen.

Sooooo - I know this is a really (really) minor thing but how do I narrow that line? If this is a CSS thing then can anyone  point me in the right direction please? (Rod, I've ordered the CSS Missing Manual!). www.adecentexposure.co.uk

#2 2020-01-17 06:59:35

rod barbee
Website

Re: Underlining the menu

in your page template under Layout, try turning Strict Width Enforcement on. That will limit the width of the border under the navigation to the max-width you set in the page layout.

you may want to center the menu after that or it'll look weird.

The navigation container is the same width as the page width and that line is the border of the navigation container. So unless I'm missing something, the only way I can see to control that border length is to change the navigation container's width with custom css.

It'll be a bit of trial and error getting it to where you want, but you could start with:

nav.nav_h {
   max-width: 1000px;
}

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer