Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-07 02:59:13

skipper

How to integrate 360 Panos?

Hi,

I've been out of practice with Backlight2 for a few month and boy, do I forget fast how things work.

I have some 360 Panos that I want to integrate into the site. The Webplayer and data are always in a folder and I don't see how I can integrate that into my site using any of the templates?

My work around on my test page right now is to have an extra menu for the panos and use the link option for the menu with the option to open that in a new tab.

It would be nice though to have the pano display inline on the page first. Since the webplayer has the option to go full screen anyway.

Do I miss something or would that not be possible?

Thanx for feedback!

#2 2019-12-07 03:05:57

rod barbee
Website

Re: How to integrate 360 Panos?

there's a pano option in Theater
http://backlight.theturninggate.net/doc … n_panorama
I don't know if it will serve your purpose for a 360 though

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2019-12-07 03:15:10

skipper

No, that wouldn't do it, since my panos come with their own player. It is like a VR image, where you can not only pan 360 degrees horizontally but also vertically. Like being in a Sphere with the image projected on it.

Basically the function I would need is for a page or template to load an "index.html" file.

#4 2019-12-07 03:33:12

Daniel Leu
Website

Basically the function I would need is for a page or template to load an "index.html" file.

I think that the Pym Embedded iFrame feature is what you are looking for: http://backlight.theturninggate.net/doc … tation_pym

Daniel Leu | Photography   
DanielLeu.com
My digital playground (eg, Backlight tips&tricks): lab.DanielLeu.com

#5 2019-12-07 05:58:33

skipper

Daniel Leu wrote:

I think that the Pym Embedded iFrame feature is what you are looking for: http://backlight.theturninggate.net/doc … tation_pym

OMG, ok, thanxs, I will look into it, but from just reading over it, it sound really involved. I might stick to my work around that I am using now after all. Also, I don't have the theatre add on.

What strikes me funny though is, that it seems so hard to call up a simple index.html file on a backlight page or template.

#6 2019-12-07 06:32:43

Daniel Leu
Website

I assumed that you want to integrate the index.html inside the backlight framework so your site has a consistent look&feel. You can simply add a link to the index.html and have index.html standalone.

Daniel Leu | Photography   
DanielLeu.com

#7 2019-12-07 07:43:28

Daniel Leu
Website

Or if you can share the link to this index.html file, we might see another solution.

Daniel Leu | Photography   
DanielLeu.com

#8 2019-12-10 21:16:56

skipper

Daniel Leu wrote:

I assumed that you want to integrate the index.html inside the backlight framework so your site has a consistent look&feel. You can simply add a link to the index.html and have index.html standalone.

Yes, I would like to integrate that into the framework.

Daniel Leu wrote:

You can simply add a link to the index.html and have index.html standalone.

I don't get what you mean by that?

Right now I have a menu for the 360 panos with a submenu, that lists all the panos and each one is linked to the specific pano and the option to open in a new tab is chekcked. Works fine, but the visitor basically is leaving the page then.

Daniel Leu wrote:

Or if you can share the link to this index.html file, we might see another solution.

Here is the link to one pano:

http://www.testsite.petervogel.com/gall … index.html

#9 2019-12-11 03:22:37

Daniel Leu
Website

Thank you for the link. This looks easier than other javascript display engines.

When you create an album, you can insert your HTML code as part of Main Copy (you just need the 'panoStudioViewerID' div plus the next two script lines). Add some custom CSS to hide the gallery and you should be done. This should work.

I would create a separate data directory such as /pano_data/pano_xyz to separate backlight code from your panos. Obviously, you will need to adjust the path to the different files in the html code.

Daniel Leu | Photography   
DanielLeu.com

#10 2019-12-11 05:21:32

skipper

Hi Daniel,

ok, thanx for the suggestion. I am a bit busy right now, but will try to check that out tomorrow.

Cheers

#11 2019-12-16 06:49:00

Matthew
Administrator
Website

You might also be able to do something with PHPlugins to create a custom index that jumps out to you pano pages. This could get very involved and dynamic, or could just be an index built of static PHP that you keep up-to-date as you add new pages.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

Board footer