Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-10-09 06:00:06

LilHelpHere

Client response questions

Hi, I hastily set up a client album, and many things didn't work. Lil' embarrassment occurred. I'm using through Lightroom, and there are settings in about 4 different places between, Lightroom and Backlight 2. Can I get help with locations of items, and set up
-check marks for selecting were unavailable
-comments also inactive link
-client login seemed to be set up, but password was denied -is that in Lightroom side or client setup Backlight side?
-filenames as titles appear on large version but not in gallery
Anything that is step by step would be great
Thanks very much

#2 2019-10-09 06:21:05

rod barbee
Website

Re: Client response questions

-check marks for selecting were unavailable

Turn Image Selects "ON" in the template

-comments also inactive link

Turn Image Feedback "ON" in the template. Enable feedback in the album under the Integration tab.
http://backlight.theturninggate.net/doc … onse_album

-client login seemed to be set up, but password was denied -is that in Lightroom side or client setup Backlight side?

If using a managed album, the client is set up in Backlight > Users then assign an album to the client
http://backlight.theturninggate.net/doc … ged_albums

-filenames as titles appear on large version but not in gallery

Like regular albums, control this with metadata tokens under Thumbnail (Metadata Display) and Photo Presentation (Caption) in the album template

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2019-10-10 02:47:52

LilHelpHere

Less yay. none of it is working checkboxes for select and feedback were already enabled. I've republished. Nothing changes.
I am hesitant to make album managed since Lightroom publish shows an access code grayed out, I don't know what that code is,
Sorry I had that one issue reversed -filenames not appearing on large images, even though metadata settings in album seem correct.
I can't seem to navigate how to get album sets on that page rather than the album itself. NOt sure where to start (or start over) on that... I had trouble with top level gallery structure recently and don't know the status of that issue.
I am hesitant to publish the new album, since the issues are unresolved.
I'm not recalling how previous versions were set up. Some of the doc instructions are so sparse, it's like a dead end. Any screen shots of the Lightroom publish end? or where else to look? Unsure if reinstalling is needed somehow -don't know where to start, and I need to do this today.
help

#4 2019-10-10 09:31:04

rod barbee
Website

I can't seem to navigate how to get album sets on that page rather than the album itself. NOt sure where to start (or start over) on that... I had trouble with top level gallery structure recently and don't know the status of that issue.

what page are you referring to when you write "that page"?

If you're referring to the page where Client Response MANAGED albums appear, then only albums for a particular client will appear on that page.
But if you're referring to a top-level gallery page, then add an album set to it just like you would with any top-level gallery page.

I am hesitant to make album managed since Lightroom publish shows an access code grayed out,

access code is for un-managed albums. It's basically just a password protected album.
When you edit an album, under the Features tab you have three options under the Visibility drop down. They're pretty self-explanatory.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2019-10-10 09:49:50

LilHelpHere

Never mind about "that page" (which was client response page) It had to do with top level gallery which I had to make another top level gallery on the server side and LR publish.
However that does not display properly as a client response gallery
For managed I entered my own email, I can get in, but will need to test on different machines
Any help on error messages that come up and selections still not working?
"Something went wrong" error
"requested content cannot be loaded"
both can be closed out, but with each image, not usable.
re download and re install client response module?

#6 2019-10-10 11:49:37

rod barbee
Website

Ben will probably need to take a look. He’ll need Backlight Admin credentials and links to problem albums

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer