Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-20 21:49:22

mjenich

Make my home page look like my gallery page

I'm so confused. let's make it simple. Remember I'm a photographer not a computer programer. I have my galleries the way I want them. They allow for the fotomoto shopping cart. To see what I mean go to : http://martinjenichphotography.com/galleries/. I want my home page to look like my gallery page. Instead my home page looks like this: http://martinjenichphotography.com/. I tried everything I know how to make the changes but they didn't work.

My question is how do I get my home page look like my gallery page. I'll use the Backlight Standard Page and forget Galleria. Please use the format example, "BL>Designer>Pages>Home>Design>chose XXX in the drop down".

#2 2019-08-20 22:24:28

Daniel Leu
Website

Re: Make my home page look like my gallery page

Backlight > Designer > Pages > Home > Design > Insert Album Set: Select Galleries. That should do the trick.

Daniel Leu | Photography   
DanielLeu.com
My digital playground (eg, Backlight tips&tricks): lab.DanielLeu.com

#3 2019-08-20 22:27:13

rod barbee
Website

Edit your home page. (Designer > Pages > click on Design next to your Home page).

The third item from the top is Page Template. Click on the drop-down.

Choose the same page template that the Galleries Page is using.

Still in the Home Page template, scroll down to Insert Album Set and click on it.
Turn Insert Album Set on.
Use the drop-down and choose Galleries.
At the bottom of the page, click Save.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#4 2019-08-20 23:36:40

mjenich

Still not working. Here's what it looks like on my Home Page: http://martinjenichphotography.com/. I did everything both of you suggested but I don't know how to check to see which template the Galleries page is using. I set the Page Template to Backlight Standard page. I tried finding the Galleries Template in Backlight and couldn't find it. I tried finding it in lightroom In Publish Services>TTG Publisher>Art Party Tuesdays and was not give an option to choose Backlight Standard Page. Where can I find the template that the Galleries page is using?
Is it possible the problem has to do with the Default Template under Page Templates under Templates.  The type now reads Pangolin Page and it is the default. It seems to  me it should read Backlight Standard Page. If so, I don't know how to change the default to Backlight Standard page.

#5 2019-08-20 23:44:50

rod barbee
Website

Looks like you solved it? Your Home page design looks like your Galleries page.
If it doesn’t look that way to you, clear browser cache and refresh the page.

Did you want the Home page to look exactly like your Galleries page? Your Galleries page is an album set displaying thumbnails representing albums.
Your Home Page is displaying an actual album.

If you want the Home page to be an album set like your Galleries page you still need to edit it, remove the inserted album, and then insert the Galleries album set.

For future reference, to check the properties (including the name of the album set template being used) of your Galleries Page (or any other top level gallery you create), in Backlight go to Publisher. Click on the name of the top level gallery (Galleries in your case),  click on Edit Properties.

Once you know which album set template is being used you can go back to Designer > Templates. In the Album Set and Album lists, you'll also see listed the name of the page template being used.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#6 2019-08-21 00:21:24

Daniel Leu
Website

mjenich wrote:

Still not working. Here's what it looks like on my Home Page: http://martinjenichphotography.com/. I did everything both of you suggested but I don't know how to check to see which template the Galleries page is using. I set the Page Template to Backlight Standard page. I tried finding the Galleries Template in Backlight and couldn't find it. I tried finding it in lightroom In Publish Services>TTG Publisher>Art Party Tuesdays and was not give an option to choose Backlight Standard Page. Where can I find the template that the Galleries page is using?
Is it possible the problem has to do with the Default Template under Page Templates under Templates.  The type now reads Pangolin Page and it is the default. It seems to  me it should read Backlight Standard Page. If so, I don't know how to change the default to Backlight Standard page.

Looks like your home page shows an album and an album-set. Disable the album on your page. It is just above where you selected the album-set.

Daniel Leu | Photography   
DanielLeu.com
My digital playground (eg, Backlight tips&tricks): lab.DanielLeu.com

#7 2019-08-21 03:37:45

mjenich

OK it worked. I used both suggestions-I disabled the album and cleared the cache. I'm satisfied with how it looks for the time being.  But my e mail is not working and appears to have not been working since January. I checked View Contacts option and saw my recent tests as will as some mail that I missed in April. I'll start a new topic.

Last edited by mjenich (2019-08-21 03:56:19)

Board footer