Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-18 20:21:36

tz.1

Selection of templates does not work for all pages

I have the problem that I cannot select and apply a template to all pages.

I have erased my entire site and did a fresh install.

I have the default template and created a new dark template. I set the dark template to a newly created page containing an album. Nothing happens. I do it the same way for the page "About". The dark template is applied successfully.

How can I apply the dark template to a page created by myself ?

Thanks.

#2 2019-08-18 23:32:04

Rainer Goergen
Website

Re: Selection of templates does not work for all pages

1. Designer
2. Pages
3. Select your page and click on - Design -
4. Design Page - Page Template - Select yor template

Rainer

#3 2019-08-19 01:32:11

rod barbee
Website

If Rainer's instructions don't solve your problem, be sure to post back with a link to your site.

Also, if this is an album, rather than a page with an album inserted into it, then make sure that your album template is using your new dark template.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#4 2019-09-01 21:38:39

tz.1

Thanks Rainer, but this is not the problem.

Now, after some time I narrowed down the problem and found a solution - but I think the way this is handled is misleading for any users wanting to use a different page template for different pages.

I wanted a dark background template for the Fotografie page, and a white one for the Galerien page. I changed the template in the page settings from black to white for the Galerien page - but never anything happened.

I figured out that the page template is not only set by setting it in the page settings, but if you have an album set on this page, you also have to modify the page template setting in the album set.  Rather, I would expect that the page template sets the overall appearance and the background, and this setting is not overruled by a another page template setting in the album set configuration. To me we have conflicting settings here which can cause a lot of confusion and delay.

To me, this seems not logical and makes little sense to me. Is this really intended, or does it have another meaning ?

My page: zoller.me/photo (as you see both pages as above now have a dark backround, the blog page a white).

Last edited by tz.1 (2019-09-01 21:39:06)

#5 2019-09-01 22:59:04

rod barbee
Website

Album Set templates have a Background-color control for the Thumbnail Grid area only, not the entire page.

The Page Template assigned to the Album Template is what controls the page background color.

If you assign the same Page Template to your pages, album template, album set template, and WordPress theme template, then all pages on the site will have the same background color.

You may need to clear template cache (from link on the main Backlight dashboard) to see the changes.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer